Easy steps to apply
Receive details and
email and SMS
Job Help book via
Some of the benefits that come with applying for an employment exchange card are
- Applicants are informed about job postings and openings made through the employment exchange.
- Applicants are provided with permanent jobs according to a list based on their qualifications, line of work, and experience.
- The employment exchange number, unique for every individual, is used as a reference for employers even when they are hiring people who have not applied for the job through the exchange.
- The Government makes it a point to get in touch with all applicants who have the necessary qualifications and requirements, through the employment exchange, whenever they have a job opening.
- Some positions, especially connected to Government jobs, can only be applied for through the employment exchange and people without a card would find themselves in a difficult position.
How does someone in need of an employment card apply to get one?
Initially, there was a long paper trail that needed to be taken care of, involving long queues, application forms that needed to be filled, signatures received, and everything submitted, all before the clock ran out. Although the response system followed phone calls to the largest extent and emails that were rarely received, people found quite difficult to wrap their heads around
As years passed, the system improved for the better and finally went online. This was done to make the process easier and seamless since it now allowed candidates to apply without making the trip to the employment office. However, this was quite challenging for people who weren’t loaded with credentials since they found using computers and the internet a bit of a challenge. Overall, it benefitted more people than the number inconvenienced, and the department is setting up a system where they would be able to assist those who aren’t technologically saavy.
Statistically, the largest number of people are currently registered through the employment exchange, and the bulk of these are educated youth who are finding it difficult to get themselves
jobs. They are qualified but there aren't many openings in their fields of learning.
If you are looking for a job, it is advisable to sign up for an employment card since it might be needed when applying for a job, even if in a privately owned company. The entire application process takes about a month, which would be a long time to spend to get your hands on one when you need it the most.